Louisville VA Medical Center
About the Louisville VA Medical Center
About this Location
Since 1952, Robley Rex VAMC has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 150,000 veterans living in a 35-county area of the Kentuckiana area. Learn more about the history of the Robley Rex VAMC.
In addition to our main facility in Louisville, we offer services in eight healthcare centers. These healthcare centers are located in:
- Carrollton, Kentucky
- Dupont, Kentucky
- Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Grayson County, Kentucky
- New Albany, Indiana
- Newburg, Kentucky
- Scottsburg, Indiana
- Shively, Kentucky
Robley Rex Veterans Affairs Medical Center improves the health of our veterans and other eligible patients by providing a continuum of care through an integrated health care delivery system.
We achieve our mission by:
- Providing a continuum of high quality care in a convenient, timely, responsive, caring, and cost effective manner utilizing appropriate therapies and technologies;
- Serving as an integrated part of the healthcare system by partnering with the community, military, and other federal agencies;
- Acquiring new knowledge through research in order to continually improve treatment of disease and disability;
- Being the "Employer of Choice" by promoting a work environment that attracts and retains diversified, educationally prepared, and competent staff and volunteers;
- Providing a high quality educational experience for our students from affiliated institutions;
- Providing backup medical care of the Department of Defense in the time of war or national emergency;
- Serving as a respected and trusted partner in the community and with other federal agencies.
We at the Robley Rex Veterans Affairs Medical Center share the vision that:
- We will be chosen as the preferred provider because we offer prompt, courteous, integrated and accessible care;
- We will be universally recognized as a continuously improving leader in the four major Veterans Affairs missions: health care, education, research, and support in the time of war or national emergency;
- We will be universally recognized as a dependable and respected partner within the community, military and other federal agencies;
- We will be universally recognized as an "Employer of Choice."
Because I CARE, I will
- Integrity …Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment …Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy …Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect …Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence …Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
Key Business Drivers
- Quality - Put quality first
- Access - Provide easy access to care, expertise and knowledge
- Function - Restore, preserve, and improve veterans function
- Satisfaction - Exceed veteran, family and employee expectations
- Cost Effectiveness - Optimize resource use to benefit veterans
- Healthy Communities - Optimize the health of the veteran and the VA community and to contribute to the health of the Nation