Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Louisville VA Medical Center
- Environmental Assessment for Replacement VAMC
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announces the availability of a Draft Site-Specific Environmental Assessment (EA) for the new Robley Rex VA Medical Center. VA proposes to construct and operate......
- Message to the Community
- The Robley Rex VAMC Voluntary Service Team says thanks to community partners, groups, and individuals who’s donations helped Veterans in need this holiday season. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
- Town Hall Meeting for Veterans and Their Families
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Robley Rex VA, will host a town hall meeting for Veterans and their families to improve communication with, and hear directly from Veterans about their VA healthcare.
- Veteran Community Group
- Beginning December 1st there will be a bi-weekly LGBT community group providing a safe space to discuss life issues, situations and overall well-being. Group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday each month.
- Safe Patient Handling Equipment
- The mechanical lifting equipment in our hospital is here to help move our patients as safely as possible. Lifts also help reduce injuries among our caregivers. If you or your loved one needs help getting up or around....
- National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Caregiver Month. Please join the Robley Rex VA Medical Center on Tuesday, November 18th to help raise awareness and learn more about this disease.
- National White Cane Day - Recognized October 15th
- National White Cane Day is celebrated on October 15th. The date is set aside to celebrate the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired. The White Cane symbolizes blindness and independence.
- Robley Rex VAMC Flu Fighters Combat the Flu
- Fall is a beautiful time of year; the leaves change, the weather becomes cooler, and the kids are finally back in school. But alas, along with autumnal fun, comes a sickening beast called the flu.
- Back To Work
- Over 25 employers from throughout the Louisville area are going the extra mile to hire Veterans by participating in a Job Fair hosted by the Robley Rex VA Medical Center (VAMC) Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program.
- KYANG Emergency Management Exercise
- On September 9, 2014, a team of Robley Rex VAMC staff and volunteers collaborated with the Kentucky Air National Guard (KYANG), Louisville EMS, and community hospitals to take part in an Emergency Management Exercise
From the Veterans Health Administration
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where heís receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, itís difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to Americaís Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.