Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Louisville VA Medical Center
- Town Hall Meeting for Veterans and Their Families
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Robley Rex VA, will host a town hall meeting for Veterans and their families to improve communication with, and hear directly from Veterans about their VA healthcare.
- Veteran Community Group
- Beginning December 1st there will be a bi-weekly LGBT community group providing a safe space to discuss life issues, situations and overall well-being. Group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday each month.
- Safe Patient Handling Equipment
- The mechanical lifting equipment in our hospital is here to help move our patients as safely as possible. Lifts also help reduce injuries among our caregivers. If you or your loved one needs help getting up or around....
- National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Caregiver Month. Please join the Robley Rex VA Medical Center on Tuesday, November 18th to help raise awareness and learn more about this disease.
- National White Cane Day - Recognized October 15th
- National White Cane Day is celebrated on October 15th. The date is set aside to celebrate the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired. The White Cane symbolizes blindness and independence.
- Robley Rex VAMC Flu Fighters Combat the Flu
- Fall is a beautiful time of year; the leaves change, the weather becomes cooler, and the kids are finally back in school. But alas, along with autumnal fun, comes a sickening beast called the flu.
- Back To Work
- Over 25 employers from throughout the Louisville area are going the extra mile to hire Veterans by participating in a Job Fair hosted by the Robley Rex VA Medical Center (VAMC) Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program.
- KYANG Emergency Management Exercise
- On September 9, 2014, a team of Robley Rex VAMC staff and volunteers collaborated with the Kentucky Air National Guard (KYANG), Louisville EMS, and community hospitals to take part in an Emergency Management Exercise
- Respiratory Therapy to Expand Services
- The Respiratory Therapy Department has been growing over the past year at our hospital with the intention of providing more support than ever to our veterans, nursing staff, and physicians....
- Veterans Town Hall Meeting
- A Veterans Town Hall Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Robley Rex VA Medical Center. We want to hear your comments and recommendations about VA health care.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.