Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Louisville VA Medical Center
- Town Hall Meeting for Veterans and Their Families
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Robley Rex VA, will host a town hall meeting for Veterans and their families to improve communication with, and hear directly from Veterans about their VA healthcare.
- Veteran Community Group
- Beginning December 1st there will be a bi-weekly LGBT community group providing a safe space to discuss life issues, situations and overall well-being. Group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday each month.
- Safe Patient Handling Equipment
- The mechanical lifting equipment in our hospital is here to help move our patients as safely as possible. Lifts also help reduce injuries among our caregivers. If you or your loved one needs help getting up or around....
- National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Caregiver Month. Please join the Robley Rex VA Medical Center on Tuesday, November 18th to help raise awareness and learn more about this disease.
- National White Cane Day - Recognized October 15th
- National White Cane Day is celebrated on October 15th. The date is set aside to celebrate the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired. The White Cane symbolizes blindness and independence.
- Robley Rex VAMC Flu Fighters Combat the Flu
- Fall is a beautiful time of year; the leaves change, the weather becomes cooler, and the kids are finally back in school. But alas, along with autumnal fun, comes a sickening beast called the flu.
- Back To Work
- Over 25 employers from throughout the Louisville area are going the extra mile to hire Veterans by participating in a Job Fair hosted by the Robley Rex VA Medical Center (VAMC) Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program.
- KYANG Emergency Management Exercise
- On September 9, 2014, a team of Robley Rex VAMC staff and volunteers collaborated with the Kentucky Air National Guard (KYANG), Louisville EMS, and community hospitals to take part in an Emergency Management Exercise
- Respiratory Therapy to Expand Services
- The Respiratory Therapy Department has been growing over the past year at our hospital with the intention of providing more support than ever to our veterans, nursing staff, and physicians....
- Veterans Town Hall Meeting
- A Veterans Town Hall Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Robley Rex VA Medical Center. We want to hear your comments and recommendations about VA health care.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Want Less Stress? Check Out This Veteran Resource
- Holiday stress for Veterans can be especially difficult with unique challenges, like transitioning into civilian life or being separated from your family. Here’s a great online resource…with Apps!
- Veterans Can Now Track Delivery of Prescriptions
- A VA employee thought if he could track the delivery of his gifts online, why not make it possible for Veterans to track the delivery of their prescriptions the same way? Now, they can.
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.