Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Louisville VA Medical Center
- Town Hall Meeting For Veterans and Their Families
- Veterans and their families are invited to participate in a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) town-hall meeting designed to hear directly from Veterans and their families...
- Environmental Assessment for Replacement VAMC
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announces the availability of a Draft Site-Specific Environmental Assessment (EA) for the new Robley Rex VA Medical Center. VA proposes to construct and operate......
- Message to the Community
- The Robley Rex VAMC Voluntary Service Team says thanks to community partners, groups, and individuals who’s donations helped Veterans in need this holiday season. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
- Town Hall Meeting for Veterans and Their Families
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Robley Rex VA, will host a town hall meeting for Veterans and their families to improve communication with, and hear directly from Veterans about their VA healthcare.
- Veteran Community Group
- Beginning December 1st there will be a bi-weekly LGBT community group providing a safe space to discuss life issues, situations and overall well-being. Group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday each month.
- Safe Patient Handling Equipment
- The mechanical lifting equipment in our hospital is here to help move our patients as safely as possible. Lifts also help reduce injuries among our caregivers. If you or your loved one needs help getting up or around....
- National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Caregiver Month. Please join the Robley Rex VA Medical Center on Tuesday, November 18th to help raise awareness and learn more about this disease.
- National White Cane Day - Recognized October 15th
- National White Cane Day is celebrated on October 15th. The date is set aside to celebrate the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired. The White Cane symbolizes blindness and independence.
- Robley Rex VAMC Flu Fighters Combat the Flu
- Fall is a beautiful time of year; the leaves change, the weather becomes cooler, and the kids are finally back in school. But alas, along with autumnal fun, comes a sickening beast called the flu.
- Back To Work
- Over 25 employers from throughout the Louisville area are going the extra mile to hire Veterans by participating in a Job Fair hosted by the Robley Rex VA Medical Center (VAMC) Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.
- Change Your Mind about Brain Injury
- VA's Polytrauma System of Care, a network of over 100 programs, provides world-class rehabilitation services for Veterans and helps them transition back to their homes and families.
- VA and DoD Meet for Patient Safety Awareness Week
- During Patient Safety Awareness Week, doctors, nurses and clinicians from VA and DoD will be 'United in Safety' as they discuss and analyze ways to make your hospital experience safer.
- You can have MS but MS does not have you
- You can have Multiple Sclerosis with limited mobility and still have passion for the causes that are meaningful to you. Read this story about Army Veteran Brian Pettyjohn who does just that.
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.