Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Louisville VA Medical Center
- Safe Patient Handling Equipment
- The mechanical lifting equipment in our hospital is here to help move our patients as safely as possible. Lifts also help reduce injuries among our caregivers. If you or your loved one needs help getting up or around....
- National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month
- November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Caregiver Month. Please join the Robley Rex VA Medical Center on Tuesday, November 18th to help raise awareness and learn more about this disease.
- National White Cane Day - Recognized October 15th
- National White Cane Day is celebrated on October 15th. The date is set aside to celebrate the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired. The White Cane symbolizes blindness and independence.
- Robley Rex VAMC Flu Fighters Combat the Flu
- Fall is a beautiful time of year; the leaves change, the weather becomes cooler, and the kids are finally back in school. But alas, along with autumnal fun, comes a sickening beast called the flu.
- Back To Work
- Over 25 employers from throughout the Louisville area are going the extra mile to hire Veterans by participating in a Job Fair hosted by the Robley Rex VA Medical Center (VAMC) Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program.
- KYANG Emergency Management Exercise
- On September 9, 2014, a team of Robley Rex VAMC staff and volunteers collaborated with the Kentucky Air National Guard (KYANG), Louisville EMS, and community hospitals to take part in an Emergency Management Exercise
- Respiratory Therapy to Expand Services
- The Respiratory Therapy Department has been growing over the past year at our hospital with the intention of providing more support than ever to our veterans, nursing staff, and physicians....
- Veterans Town Hall Meeting
- A Veterans Town Hall Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Robley Rex VA Medical Center. We want to hear your comments and recommendations about VA health care.
- Shuttle Parking – Mellwood Avenue
- We are extremely pleased to announce that Veterans now have another great parking option. Effective Monday, July 7th, you can now enjoy convenient, door-to-door shuttle service
- Breathing-Stretching-Relaxation Program (BSR Yoga)
- Research has shown that women report high levels of stress in their lives and often experience physical and emotional symptoms as a result. The Breathing-Stretching-Relaxation program (BSR Yoga) is...
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.
- Be Disaster Aware and Take Action to Prepare
- Tornados? Floods? Hurricanes? Are you prepared if one of those hit your home? Take advantage of these check lists during National Preparedness Month. Get your family ready for all emergencies.