Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Louisville VA Medical Center
- Veterans Town Hall Meeting
- A Veterans Town Hall Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Robley Rex VA Medical Center. We want to hear your comments and recommendations about VA health care.
- Shuttle Parking – Mellwood Avenue
- We are extremely pleased to announce that Veterans now have another great parking option. Effective Monday, July 7th, you can now enjoy convenient, door-to-door shuttle service
- Breathing-Stretching-Relaxation Program (BSR Yoga)
- Research has shown that women report high levels of stress in their lives and often experience physical and emotional symptoms as a result. The Breathing-Stretching-Relaxation program (BSR Yoga) is...
- Gun Safety
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) suicide prevention program office has developed an outreach video to emphasize the importance of taking precautions at home when a firearm is present.
- Healing With Art
- Local artists volunteer their time providing artistic treatments for modern maladies. Public Affairs Specialist Laura Schafsnitz introduces us to an organization called Arts in Healing.
- Hustlin' for Dough
- A group of Southern Indiana Veterans from various organizations have banded together to help Veterans in need. Public Affairs Specialist Laura Schafsnitz tells us how Kentuckiana Task Force hustles for some dough.
- Don’t “Slip Up” with Winter Season Safety
- A Louisville VA employee treads lightly as he makes his way into the Medical Center. Wintery weather conditions with high amounts of precipitation have made traversing sidewalks and parking lots a slippery situation.
- Blind Veterans Holiday Party
- On December 13th, Robley Rex’s Visual Impairment Service Team (VIST) coordinators partnered with several local organizations and VA employees to put on a holiday program, luncheon, and give away for blinded Veterans.
- New West Entrance is Now Open!
- New West Entrance is Now Open! We are excited to announce that the new West Entrance is now open to pedestrian traffic and provides easy access to the main building (Building 1).
- Veteran Centered Living Fall 2013
- Veteran Centered Living is a new quarterly magazine, published by the Department of Veterans Affairs MidSouth Healthcare Network (VISN 9). Copies are available at the Louisville VAMC or you can view it online.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Seeking New Coping Tools for Veterans with TBI
- Cognitive rehabilitation researchers are testing new tools and strategies — from smartphone apps to online brain training — to help Veterans cope with the effects of mild traumatic brain injury.
- "Family" of Patients Appreciate VA Doctor
- Veteran patients of VA doctor in Augusta, Georgia, tell why they “wouldn’t have any other doctor.” Dr. Jianhua Cheng replies that he just wants to do his best and praises the entire Augusta team.
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.