The Robley Rex VAMC serves veterans in the Kentuckiana area. In addition to our main medical center in Louisville, we offer a number of services to our patients in eight healthcare centers.
For your convenience and safety, we have special waiting areas throughout the facility. Please do not gather in the hallways or at the nurses' stations. You may also want to review our Visiting Hours and Policies.
The Robley Rex VAMC has a Police Service. Our officers provide 24-hour patrols of the facility and parking lots. For general police assistance, please dial 55255. In case of an emergency, dial 911. Report all suspicious or criminal activity, vehicle accidents, and personal property losses to the VA Police while on the facility grounds as soon as possible.
- Weapons: No weapons of any kind are permitted on the grounds of the Medical Center. If identified, weapons will immediately be confiscated by the VAMC police.
- Alcohol and Illegal Drugs: Medical Center regulations do not permit abusive or profane language on property. Gambling is forbidden. Soliciting, bartering, selling or use and possession of intoxicants or unauthorized drugs are strictly forbidden. For the protection of patients, visitors and employees, if you should observe such misconduct by anyone, please report it to VAMC police.
- Examination of Property: The Medical Center reserves the right to examine all bags, backpacks, briefcases and personal property.
- Cameras and Camera Phones: No one may take photographs on medical center grounds or inside the facility without the permission of the Office of Public Affairs.
- Cell Phones: Use of cell phones is restricted in certain areas of the Medical Center. When in a treatment area, please ask the Nurse Manager prior to using a cell phone. Cell phones can interfere with certain medical equipment.
- What is HIPAA? The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ACT (HIPAA) is a law that assures health insurance portability, reduce healthcare fraud and abuse, guarantee security and privacy of health information, and enforce standards for health information.
- Patient Information: No patient information will be released without the written consent of the patient. Please refer to our Release of Information page.
- Videotaping: Videotaping is not permitted on the grounds of the Medical Center or inside the facility without the permission of the Office of Public Affairs.
This Medical Center is a "smoke-free" facility, and smoking is only allowed in designated areas that are outside and away from entrances or in the smoking shelter provided around the main campus. For safety reasons, patients are encouraged not to smoke in outside areas after dark.
Smoking Cessation classes are available at the Medical Center. Ask your nurse to call a staff member designated to help you stop smoking.
Only service dogs are permitted in the medical center or on medical center grounds.
The VA Medical Center Chapel is located on the Eighth Floor of the medical center.
- Protestant Services
Sunday, 9:15 a.m.
Meditation Services: Monday through Friday, 12:00 noon
- Catholic Services
Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday through Thursday, 12:30 p.m.
All services are broadcast on channel number 33. You are invited to attend in the chapel if possible, or tune into the services on your veterans bedside television. For more information, contact the Chaplain Service at (502) 287-6119.