Louisville VA Medical Center
Robley Rex VA to Host Homeless Veterans Summit
The Robley Rex VA Medical Center in Louisville, KY is hosting a Homeless Veterans Summit on Monday, November 7th from 1:00pm to 3:30pm at Metro United Way 334 E. Broadway (Community Room, Second Floor). The Summit will serve as a vehicle to synchronize VA and non-VA partner plans to end homelessness among Veterans.
"We hope to establish measurable goals and objectives to align our efforts with our non-VA partners," said Todd Dedas, VA Health Care for Homeless Veterans Coordinator.
As a result of a National Forum on Ending Homelessness Among Veterans, hosted by the Department of Veterans Affairs in Washington D.C., several outcomes were identified to address homelessness among Veterans:
- Mitigate VA access barriers for at-risk and homeless Veterans.
- Reduction in the number of homeless Veterans in certain geographic areas.
- Increase of homeless Veterans outreach contact by 10 percent.
- Implementation and expansion of crisis response assistance services for at-risk and homeless Veterans.
- Implementation and expansion of discharge planning and referral services for at-risk and homeless Veterans.
- Implementation and expansion of 24/7 crisis response and housing assistance for all referred homeless Veterans.
For more information about the VA Homeless Program for Veterans, please contact the Homeless Hotline at 1-877-4AID-VET or visit the Robley Rex VA web site at www.louisville.va.gov.