Louisville VA Medical Center
About the Program
The Robley Rex VA Medical Center offers an extensive range of primary care treatment services with emphasis on health care prevention. Primary Care services are offered both at the main Medical Center campus on Zorn Avenue and at our community-based outpatient clinics located throughout the Kentuckiana area.
Services provided at the clinics include annual physicals, preventive health care and screening, patient education, routine lab and x-rays, immunizations and medication review.
Patients who elect to have their Primary Care delivered at a VA facility will be assigned a primary care provider. Your provider is a part of a specific Primary Care Team, based at either our Medical Center Main Campus or one of our CBOCs.
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Call for hours
Contact your primary care physician if you need any of these or other services:
- cancer screening
- high cholesterol treatment
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment
- diabetes prevention and treatment
- flu vaccine
- high blood pressure prevention and treatment
- treatment for obesity
- osteoporosis treatment
- prostate disease prevention and treatment
- smoking cessation
What Can I Do to Improve My Experience?
- Talk to your provider! Good communication with your provider is key to providing you the best care possible.
- Prepare a List before your visit.
- Describe your problem(s), reporting any unusual symptoms
- Provide a history of your problem(s)
- Note any lifestyle changes that may have occurred
- Let your provider know about any medications you are taking that he/she has not prescribed
- Ask Questions!
- Understand your diagnosis and it's treatment options
- Ask for an explanation of diagnostic tests you have been asked to complete
- Follow-Up After Your Visit
- Know when and where your next appointment is.
- What should you watch for?
- What should you report to your provider?
- Know how to prepare for any diagnostic tests that you have scheduled.
- Building 1 (Main Building)
Hours of Operation
Mon, 8:00am - 7:00pm Tue - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm
See Hours for Saturday