Louisville VA Medical Center
We Can Help!
How do I know if I have a substance abuse problem?
- In the last 3 months...
- have you felt you should cut down or stop drinking or using drugs?
- has anyone annoyed you or gotten on your nerves by telling you to cut down or stop drinking or using drugs?
- have you felt guilty or bad about how much you drink or use?
- have you been waking up wanting to have an alcoholic drink or use drugs?
- If you answered yes to one or moreof these questions, you may have a problem.
Studies show that people can re-learn to live without alcohol/drugs. Lifestyle changes can have a positive impact. These new skills are taught through group sessions such as:
- Self Reflection
- Mood Management
- Relapse Prevention Examines High Risks
- Recovery Group Including Problem Solving
- Smoking Cessation
- Individual counseling is also available to focus on the most personal areas of recovery.
- Residential Treatment is another option for those needing to be away from their living environment and receive the most intense form of counseling.
- Medications are also available. Based on the latest scientific research, FDA approved medications are prescribed during treatment to support your abstinence from alcohol or tobacco.
Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (SARRTP)
The Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (SARRTP) provides veterans with an intensive substance abuse treatment program in a residential setting located within the medical center. This intensive psychiatric and medical treatment program is staffed by a team of substance abuse treatment specialists, providing education and rehabilitation to assist veterans in returning to independent living within the community.;
The SARRTP facility consists 6,900 square feet including 10 private bedrooms, (including handicapped accessible rooms), new restrooms with showers, new laundry area, as well as a new security system.
Outpatient Recovery Program
The Robley Rex VA Medical Center offers a variety of outpatient support groups as part of our SATC Outpatient Recovery Program. For more information, or to inquire about attending a group session, please contact the Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program office, 7th Floor, Room A742, 502.287.5960.
- Process Group - Monday 9 a.m.
- Self Reflection - Monday 10 a.m.
- Relapse Prevention - Monday 11 a.m.
- Mood Management - Thursday 1 p.m.
- Substance Use Education - Thursday 2 p.m.
- Recovery Group - Thursday 3 p.m.
- Discussion for Veterans (for those wanting a change in their life) - Monday 6 p.m.
Who Do I Contact?
For more information about the Robley Rex VA Medical Center's Substance Abuse Programs, please contact the Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program, located on the 7th floor, Room A742, 502-287-5960.
Robley Rex VA Medical Center
Mental Health & Behavioral Sciences (116S)
Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program
800 Zorn Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206
Building 1 (Main Building)
7th Floor, Room A742
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.